How to Build Your DIY FenceAre you planning to build your fence? Our DIY fence kit will help you turn your vision into reality!
Materials You’ll Need
How to Install a Vinyl Fence
You will need a few tools to install your new fence:
Follow these instructions:
- Use your hammer to pound the stake into the ground.
- Tie your string lines from one stake to the next, ensuring they are tight.
- Dig your first post hole. You want the holes to be large and deep enough to fit the base of the post.
- Fill the holes and cover the post with concrete, making sure the post stays level.
- Measure your panels to find where the next post needs to be.
- Once you have your posts in, connect the base rail of the panel at the bottom of each post.
- Build your panel by connecting each picket to the bottom rail.
- Once every picket is placed, attach the top rail to your pickets.
- Do one final check to ensure it is level, and you will have completed your first section of the fence!
- Repeat these instructions for each section of fence you need.
DIY Fence Order Prep Sheet
Our free DIY Fence Order Prep Sheet will help you make sure you get the right amount of materials for your DIY fence. The diagrams show you exactly how your fence will fit together and what materials you will need.
Remember to check your measurements with the exact dimensions of the kit components. Take notes on the sheet so you can keep track of how many items of each kit piece you’ll need.